Electrical Fire Brings Fire/EMS to Waldorf
By Coordinator/Public Information Officer William Smith
August 11, 2021

As the temperatures sore throughout the region, at approximately 11:20 A.M. this morning our 911 center received a call for "smoke in the house" in the 900 blk of Copley Avenue. The 911 center informed everyone to leave the home and immediately dispatched 47 Fire/EMS to the scene. E31 arriving first, followed by E121 and E11. E12 established "command", once inside, units discovered the electrical panel on the side of the home was on fire and actively arcing. SMECO was called for and units kept the fire in check using extreme caution around the electrical panel that continues arcing. SMECO cut off all power to the structure and fire unit completed extinguishment of the fire. Search of the home found no one inside, the four family members will be assisted by Red Cross. Fire Marshals Office was notified, no injuries were reported, all Fire/EMS units cleared at 1:00 P.M.

Units: E31, E32, E121, E12, ETA11, E22, SQ7, PA60, PA38, CH2, CH11, CAR1707
Mutual Aid: E840, T825, T20, BC887