Charles County Volunteers Respond to Numerous Chimney Fires
By Coordinator/Public Information Officer William Smith
January 7, 2018

As the Charles County Volunteer Fire and EMS Departments work each and everyday providing the very best service delivery to our citizens, we have responded to numerous "chimney fires" in wood stoves and/or chimney flues. We ask everyone to use extreme caution in "overloading" your chimney with pellets/wood as this fire load could and has begun fires throughout the county. In addition to the potential overloads, we are finding chimney's that have NOT been cleaned for many years causing "creosote" build-up; a flammable material within your chimney pipes. PLEASE, enjoy your chimney warmth, but do use caution; have your chimney cleaned and inspected by a professional company annually; burn only hardwoods, NO pine woods as this wood produces additional creosote build-up.

Please review the video clip, we thank you partners from Novato Fire District for the video

No Caption

BILL COOKE January 07, 2018 at 2:48 PM
This is a great service to the citizens of Charles County.
Thank you, Mr. Bill, for providing this to our web site.
You are doing a great job!